Delivery Backup Driver/Laundry
(POS # 273-6)
Applications are being accepted for the position of Delivery Backup Driver with WRC Laundry. Primary responsibilities include delivery and pick up of bulk clean/soiled linen; operation & safety maintenance of medium weight trucks: Loads, transports and unloads material and supplies. Applicant must be able to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends. Most delivery responsibilities will occur late afternoon and early evening.
Salary Plan/Classification $9.00 – $10.00 per hour / 2.2 Non-Exempt
- A completed employment application to include, but not limited to, detailed description of duties, month and year, and complete addresses on each current/previous job listed
- Must be insurable through WRC’s designated insurance company
- Class A CDL certification preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
- One-year safe driving experience
NOTE: Applicants with a comparable combination of education and experience that demonstrates an equivalent level of preparation in the knowledge, skills and abilities listed are also encouraged to submit an application for the job.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
- Must meet WRC’s employment physical standards, which include drug/alcohol testing.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 12 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to push/pull carts exceeding 300 pounds
- Must be forklift certifiable or certified
Individuals with a disability or veteran status are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with a disability who feel they need accommodations during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at (334) 792-0022.
Applicants should secure applications from the front desk in the Work Services Center and forward to the Human Resource Department.
WRC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer / WRC is an “At-Will” employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of Veterans status or disability. WRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, military status or genetic information including family medical history, disability, or protected veteran status.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”